Dec 10, 2008

Buffalo Solidarity Demonstration with UE Local 1110

Today there was a rally in front of the downtown Bank of America in solidarity with the workers of UE Local 1110, who are occupying their factory in protest of previously announced layoffs. The protest was attended by members of the Western New York Peace Center, Buffalo State Students for Peace, the International Action Center, and Buffalo Class Action. It was one event in a series of nationwide solidarity demonstrations outside of Bank of the Americas. Here are a few pictures from the event.





No comments:

Why Am I Writing?

After an inspiring year following the social and political movements of Argentina, I returned to my hometown of Buffalo, NY intent on beginning the process of actively building local movements with the lessons I had learned in Argentina.

One of those lessons was the importance of participants in our movements telling their own stories and actively analyzing their organizations. That's exactly what I plan to do here, and I hope that some people find it relevant and interesting.